Santorini of the past - Greekislands
A rare view of the locals' bygone traditional way of life
Santorini of the past is Best For
Directions to Santorini of the past
'Santorini of the past' is a traditional building complex of an old kanava built in 1895. It is located in the village of Pyrgos Kaliistis, very close to the capital of Santorini island.
The owner, Giannis (John) Drosos-Chrysos, was born and bred in Santorini. He is a lover of Santorini, and for that, he was inspired to create a place which would give the visitor the opportunity to enjoy a museum-like collection of artifacts and photographs.
This collection reflects the bygone traditional way of life of the island as well as the economic activities of the inhabitants of the time.
Beginning with the local products of the island, a visitor will learn about the wine-making process, or the tomato and fava processing, the mansion and the farmhouse, the limnaris, the pocharis, the musicians, the barrel-maker, the tinker, the photographs and at the end, they will become familiar with the original family kanava.
It is truly a great idea for natives and strangers alike to visit the museum and get to know the life of the Santorinians by the years, in the 'Santorini of the past' Museum.